[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Family: Girlfriend Molly Sandén
Currently: Playing at Gröna Lund on Thursday August 25 and will release a new album this Fall
Eric Saade's Favorites:What is your favorite city in Sweden?
- Birkastan. It's a quiet area although there is many restaurants and beer gardens anywhere. Especially around Rörstrandsgatan. It has a nice atmosphere. What is your favorite restaurant?
- Raw. They have Sweden's best sushi.What are your favorite night clubs?
- I can't tell. It wouldn't be so fun for me to go there then. But I like the dance floor. All my friends are professional dancers, so we shall always have one dance floor wherever we go. Which place do you prefer to attend a concert?
- Oops. I have probably attended most of concerts at the Globe. But I think the artist is more important than place. The best concert I've ever seen in my life was with Lady Gaga. It was the craziest thing I've ever seen, but also one 100% pop act.
On Thursday, Eric Saade will be back at Gröna Lund. Since last year's hit concert, he has come third in Eurovision and sold platinum. The fact that his music faces by unanimous critics don't bother him.
- It means as much as a mosquito in the air, he says.
Eric Saade remembered last year's concert at Gröna Lund with joy in his voice.
- There were a lot people and it was really funny. There was a hell of pressure in front of stage but this year it will be even better, he says, when all Stockholm is calling for Thursday's gig.
Right now he finds himself at the gym, an important place for an artist who dances on his shows as much as he sings.
- I burn a lot of energy on stage because I want to give the audience more than just a pop concert. I love to play live and we spend a lot of energy into dances, lights and other things, he says.
- It costs a lot but it is really important to me. Inspired by Robyn
All summer, he is on tour with the show "Made of Pop," based on songs from the album "Saade Vol. 1" which was released in June. But fans won't need to wait too much for new songs. Already in November, namely the sequel, "Saade Vol. 2".
- Last album went platinum in four weeks. It's quite magical - especially in a small country like Sweden. At the same time, we had a lot of material over which there was no room so when Robyn released three albums in one year, I thought I could do the same. It would be a shame to waste such good songs.
But unlike in Robyn's case, the critics haven't been as lyrical as the fans. One reviewer even called Saade previous record for "the opposite of life."
- It means as much as a mosquito in the air. I care more about the 15 000 people that go to my gigs and that my records sell platinum than what the reviewers write. It's OK for an artist becomes automatically sawn. It's only Swedish envy.
You are incredibly popular right now - you may even stand on your best as a performer - it was what you had in mind?
- No, I do not think I have reached my best yet. I have only reached a tiny little bit. The next step is to turn abroad as well. I'm going to reach so far beyond Sweden's borders as you never imagined.
Link: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]